“In its most general sense, the practice of law involves giving legal advice to clients, drafting legal documents for clients, and representing clients in legal negotiations and court proceedings such as lawsuits, and is applied to the professional services of a lawyer or attorney at law, barrister, solicitor, or civil law notary. However, there is a substantial amount of overlap between the practice of law and various other professions where clients are represented by agents. These professions include real estate, banking, accounting, and insurance.”
– From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Head of Legal Services at BVR Legal Consultants, Advocate Lotie Brink, is able to provide assistance in any of the following:
- Complainant / Witness / Suspect / Expert interviews and drafting of affidavits, especially relating to complex matters.
- Assisting clients at crime scenes during search and seizure operations.
- Independent consulting during pre-trial consultations.
- Providing assistance during high profile trials such as racketeering, money laundering and / or any organised or commercial crime cases where search warrants, directives or section 252A-operations (“undercover”) are in dispute.
- Assisting in the leading of witness testimony, as well as cross-questioning witnesses.
- Assisting in the application, execution and analysis of subpoenas in terms of section 205 of the Criminal Procedure Act, 51 of 1977, for cellular / bank records from service providers / financial institutions.
- Assisting in the application and execution of search and seizure warrants.
- Assisting in the application and execution of section 252A operations (CPA).
- Anton Pillar applications and executions, relating to search and seizure of digital evidence.
- Investigating complex cases, be it criminal or civil.
- Criminal and private defamation investigations.
Some error has occured.